IF YOU FEEL YOUR SELF FALLING BEHIND, WORK FASTER

Sunday, October 26, 2008

CENTENNIAL PALE ALE BREW SESSION V2.0





Today is the first time I tried to duplicate one of the recipes I have brewed before. In the past I usually make changes to the recipes trying to make them better. Im a tweeker! So I got up early and started brewing my 100% Centennial Pale Ale. This is also the first time using whole leaf hops. The brew session went really smooth. I didn't cuss once! I tried to be as carefull and palnned in every aspect. Efficiency turned out to be 72%. I used the same grain and hop bill except I used 9.3# of canadian 2-row instead of 10# of american 2-row. I also made a starter for the first time with the yeast cake I harvested from the last pale ale I did. So in the end, this is not exactly the same beer as before. I did a 90 min mash at 152 degrees, and used 1.3 quarts of water per pound of grain.
..................................................................................
Single Hop Series "Centennial" Pale Ale V2.0
9.3 lb Canadian 2-Row
1 lb American Caramel 10*
3/4 lb Victory
1 oz Centennial 8.8 AA 90 min
1/2 oz Centennial 8.8 AA 15 min
1/2 oz Centennial 8.8 AA 1 min
1 oz Centennial 8.8 AA dry1 tsp
Irish Moss 15 min
Wyeast 1056 yeast slurry from the last centennial pale ale batch
..................................................................
While I brew here is the Bohemian Kolsch. mmmm beer! The beer is a little hazy, but thats cause the yeast flocculates very poorly. Tasty!

No comments: