IF YOU FEEL YOUR SELF FALLING BEHIND, WORK FASTER

Monday, January 26, 2009

Cider and IPA Kegging Sessions


Well I decided to keg The IPA and the Cider, after I finally gathered all the kegging equipment. The IPA came out nice and hoppy, with a lot of malt character. At first It seemed a little too sweet, but as it aged a bit, and settled at the proper carbonation level, it actually turnned out not too bad. I don't think this stuff will last very long!
As for the Cider....
I ended up back sweetening with some apple cider that contained preservatives, some apple juice, and a simple syrup that I boiled with some cinnamon and clove. It tasted real nice, with good crisp apple flavor. Its got a nice tannin level that balances with the tartness and the sweetness of the cider.
The final gravity fell to 1.000, so with a starting gravity of 1.050 its should be around 6.5% ABV before I added the juice and sugar. The ABV should be a little lower after the addition.
Next time I might add some french oak and some honey or sugar to the recipe.

No comments: