IF YOU FEEL YOUR SELF FALLING BEHIND, WORK FASTER

Friday, June 19, 2009

WideSpread Wheat an American Wheat Beer

So I decided to brew up an American wheat and make with some hop character, but still be crisp. I will ferment this around 65 degrees to keep it clean. I used an even balance of wheat and two row, and enhanced the flavor with some Belgian biscuit, and German Munich. The brew session worked out real well, until I started to mill the wheat. I ended up cracking the partical board base in half, and snapping off the handle, all in one shot. I some how managed to turned the remaining part of the handle to mill the rest of the grain, and the show went on! Here are the vitals......

WideSpread Wheat
an American wheat

4.5 lbs American 2-row
4.5 lbs Briess Wheat
1/2 lb Belgian biscuit
.75 lbs Munich
1/2 oz Chinook (13%AA) 60 min
1/2 oz Liberty 15 min
1/2 oz Cascade 0 min
1 pk Wyeast American wheat
1 pk Wyeast American Ale

No comments: